Adding the smoke in cooking cooks the meals well and makes the food delicious and savoury. The BBQ and grilling of the meat ensure the best protein consumption. However, different users can obtain the smoke from various sources like electric smokers, charcoal smokers, etc. The best competition pellet smokers design specially for this purpose.
Different pellet smokers work differently depending on their power source. Recently, WiFi-enabled smoking technology has revolutionized the world. Here are some of the best competition pellet smokers that review precisely. We hope that this would be highly beneficial for you while opting for the best competition pellet smokers available in the market.
- Features: Metal legs, chrome plated grate, large cooking area, durable lid, side doors
- Benefits: Sturdy design, rust resistant material, Lid covers the area, Side doors ensure easy access
- Features: Stainless steel, Metal construction, 180° to 450° F range, wifi option
- Benefits: Non sticking surface, compact design, heat resistance, easy to adjust, advanced
- Features: Metal material, Charcoal as fuel, 8-inch reliable wheels, iron finishing grate, enough warming rack
- Benefits: Temperature maintenance, 5 year warranty, troubless cleaning, long lasting
- Features: Rust free steel, metal, Electric & LPG fuel source, Electric control system
- Benefits: Lightweight, Few turns to set up, Easy usage, Automatically control temperature
- Features: 557 sq inches cooking space, wifi enabled, porcelain touch to grate, Metal based
- Benefits: Controllability through wifi, app friendly, modern, affordable
- Features: Wifi facility, Foldable structure, Metal stuff, Supporting sturdy legs
- Benefits: Simple design, facile assembling, travelling friendly, sensors indicate temperature detail
- Features: Cast iron, ash tray, digital thermometer, auto start ignition, ash tray
- Benefits: Corrosion resistant, ash tray feature, lower melting point, elegant
- Features: Chrome plated finishing, metal material, adjustable dampers, reliable wheels
- Benefits: BBQ expertise, compact appearance, inexpensive, flexible
- Features: Quality steel, porcelain coated grids, dripping tray, proper leg angle, wide cooking space
- Benefits: Outdoor accessory, easy to assemble, reliable, space friendly, pocket friendly
- Features: Stainless steel, electric source, wifi feature, durable lid, spacious grid
- Benefits: Accurate indication, 7 year warranty, even heat, long running
- Features: Rust free steel, removable ash tray, stainless steel thermometer
- Benefits: Reliable, vertical design, quick assembling, faster heat efficiency
- Features: Air dampers, dripping tray, stainless steel and chrome plated material, 700 sq inches space
- Benefits: Remote control, effortless handling, up to date, flexible glass window
1. Best for homogenous smokers: Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker
This best competition pellet smoker has features like rust-resistant metal legs etc. Likewise the built-in lid thermometer facilitates the user. This WEBER 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker spread the smoke homogeneously around the foodie items making it delicious and savoury.
Capacity: This Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is best for homogenous smoker that allows the user to make multiple roasts at a time. One large family can easily get happy meals from this. However, the extra-large water pan maintains the heat, ensuring continuous smoking.
- Large grilling areas
- The warranty period is long
- Compact and sturdy design
- Side access door makes the usage easy
- Chrome-plated grates
- Smoke leaks from the side door
- Not suitable for direct heat grilling
This best competition pellet smokeris best for homogenous smoker and is perfect in all its features. However, this smoker designs especially for large families, and it’s an ideal product if you are looking for a large family.
2. Best versatile smoker: Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1 BBQ Grill
This best competition pellet smoker is versatile, performing different functions. Likewise this best versatile smoker GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker can be used to grill, smoke, roast, bake, searing, and braise barbecuing, and char-grilling.
This Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker is specially designed for small families. However, the robust steel construction with a high-temperature powder coating finish makes it durable.
Advanced wood fire technology: This Best Versatile Smoker Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker works based on propane gas and provides excellent wood fire flavour. Likewise the wide temperature range of 180 to 450 degrees is highly appreciable.
- 180° to 450° F temperature range
- Longer cooking time due to large-capacity pellet hopper
- Easy cleaning due to non-stick coating Ideal for small families
- Require minimal space for working
- Not fit for large families
- Heavyweight so not easy to carry
This best versatile smoker is an ideal tool for small families. Due to its versatility and remarkable features, this Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smokeris unique and highly admired.
3. Best Kamado Grill: Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, Graphite
The company provides a five-year warranty of this Best Kamado Grill, Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill. However, the removable warming rack allows the user to clean it thoroughly. The rubber wheels make its carriage easy and convenient.
Commando-style grilling: This feature makes the Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill highly unique. The triple walled 22 gauge steel retains the heat well inside and cools outside for convenient handling. However this smoker can easily maintain the cooking temperature up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Adjustable top and bottom dampers
- The warming rack is removable
- Fuel efficient by nature
- Triple walled construction makes its handling easy
- 8-inch front wheels allow easy mobility
- Heat control requires time
- No smoking accessories
This best competition pellet smoker is well designed, having a triple-layered coating. The iron made grates retain the heat very well that increases the cooking time. However, this best Kamado Grill, Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, is an excellent choice among the best competition pellet smokers.
4. Best multipurpose smokers: Z GRILLS ZPG-6002B 2020 New Model Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1 BBQ Grill
The temperature by this best competition pellet smoker can be as high as 1000 degrees. Being lightweight, this best multipurpose smoker made up of sturdy material. It’s effortless to carry from one place to another.
This best multipurpose smoker looks smaller outside, but it is large enough that it can fit up to fifty burgers or even more. You can cook for about 20 hours per 2o pounds of pellets.
The automated electric feed system: Likewise this system maintains the heat within 10 degrees of the set temperature for you from 180º F to 450º F and produces the optimal amount of smoke. You only need to set the gadget and work efficiently.
- Provides fan-forced convection cooking
- Heat maintenance by an automatic electric feed system
- Pellet feed control system
- Easy assembling of the grills
- Manual language is not easy
- Temperature fluctuation occurs rapidly
This best competition pellet smoker is affordable and designed so that it looks thin outside. If you are looking for a lightweight and compact model, this best multipurpose smoker is perfect. Go and grab your smoker!
5. Best versatile WiFi smoker: Traeger Pro Series 575 Gen II Grill & Smoker | TFB57GZEO – Bronze
This WiFi-enabled best competition pellet smoker allows the user to adjust the temperature and change the timer anywhere at any time. It starts quickly and provides excellent smoke to cook. However this smoker offers 6 in 1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ.
The built-in meat probe allows the user to know the temperature while cooking, making the cooking fantastic and fabulous. The cleaning of the porcelain grill grates is effortless.
- Alexa technology operated
- Provides a better quality smoke
- WiFi-enabled and Treager app technology
- Better and easier shutdown
- 575 square inches cooking space
- Pellets not included
- Hot rods are not of superior quality
This best versatile WiFi enabled smoker is highly unique in its functioning and facilitates the user very well. Only the Traeger app is needed to install and to use it by voice due to Alexa technology.
If you are looking for a comfortable operating model of smoker in versatility, likewise this Best versatile WiFi enabled smoker, Traeger Pro Series 575 Gen II Grill & Smoker, is a perfect match for you.
6. Best WiFi-enabled smokers: Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill Package
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill Package design entirely for tailgating, camping, festivals, and hunting. However, This best competition pellet smoker being WiFi enabled allows the user to cook conveniently.
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill Package includes:
- A digital WiFi controller
- A meat probe.
- A peaked lid for rib racks.
- A convenience tray with utensil hooks.
- A thermal sensor that continually monitors grill temperature.
- Well built smoker in a small package
- Long and foldable legs make it highly portable
- It can easily put up in the car
- Temperature control is excellent
- Power cables are poorly designed
- The paint is not of good quality
The foldable legs double as handles make this best competition pellet smoker highly portable and easy carriage. The company provides a two-year warranty. However, this best WiFi-enabled smoker, Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill Packages an incredible choice if you are looking for a wholesome deal.
7. Best pellet smoker: Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill w/New PID Gen 2 Digital Controller – Bronze
This best competition pellet smoker brings you comfortable and reliable smoke everywhere. The dual LED digital thermometer reads out the temperature setting system. Likewise this Best pellet smoker, Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill w/New PID Gen 2 Digital Controller, apart from the competition, is the exclusive ash cleanout system. However, the cleanout is easy and requires a limited time.
The electronic auto-start ignition for a quick and easy start every time makes it unique and highly admired. However, the automatic auger dispenses pellets to improve the efficiency of the smoker.
LED temperature reading: The temperature reading by the LED allows the user to read it even at night. The temperature probe allows you to know the temperature every time while cooking.
- A large-capacity pellet hopper
- Ignition is auto-start
- Incredibly simple to operate
- Ash Cleaning system
- Easy menu dial
- It does not come with a WiFi connector
- Low built quality
This best pellet smoker, Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill w/New PID Gen 2 Digital Controller, is an excellent choice. However, this best competition pellet smoker is highly rated on Amazon, having the highest recommended rate among the category.
8. Best digital electric smokers: Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Digital Electric Smoker
This best digital electric smoker provides the user with an integrated thermostat temperature control of 800 watts for consistent smoking. However, the removable water bowl adds moisture and flavour to the food. The adjustable air damper controls the smoke.
The racks being triple-layered chrome coated, are resistant to corrosion. The sturdy design with a fully insulated smoking body keeps the flavour. However this Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Digital Electric Smoker is vast enough to support nine chickens or 24 burgers.
- Provides even and consistent smoking
- Cleaning is very easy
- The water pan makes the flavouring ideal
- Smoker body is full insulated
- Wide range of food capacity
- Easy to assemble
- It does not include the cooking book
- Wiring is not of superior quality
This best digital electric smoker Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Digital Electric Smokeris specially designed for you to make your backyard BBQ delicious and savoury. However this best competition pellet smoker does not require any expertise to operate it well.
9. Best for smoke-style cooking: Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature Control
This best competition pellet smoker possesses chrome-plated cooking grids. Likewise the user can adjust these grids to variable cooking heights in the grid track system. This smoker includes 1500 watts heating element with fully adjustable and removable temperature control.
The temperature range is 175 to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. The porcelain-coated water pan adds flavour to the food. This smoker designs especially for outdoor use.
- An excellent choice for outdoor cooking
- Very easy assembly
- Works on standard electric power
- Two cooking grids are chrome-plated
- The chip tray is porcelain coated
- Not fit for indoor use
- The paint inside the door is not of good quality
This smoker best for smoke-style cooking is highly liked and admired by the users. This model works on both dry and wet wood chips. Go and grab this model to make your cooking just awesome.
10. Best wood smokers: Memphis Wood Fire Grills Pro Cart w/WiFi – 430 SS Alloy
Memphis Wood Fire Grills Pro Cart w/WiFi – 430 SS Alloy, this best smoker, possesses a dual fan convection system with metal blades. This system distributes the heat evenly in the smoker. However, this smoker provides the mixing of different flavours automatically.
This Memphis Wood Fire Grills Pro Cart w/WiFi – 430 SS Alloy works flawlessly. However, the warranty period is very long, up to seven years.
- Temperature accuracy is very high
- Dual fan convection system
- Direct and indirect flame modes
- Seven years limited warranty
- Included Intelligent temperature controlled meat probe
- Grilling areas are not large
- Removing plastic film from stainless steel is not easy
This best wood smoker is made up of double-walled stainless steel. The strong and sturdy design makes it durable and reliable. It is a perfect option for you if you are looking for a sturdy WiFi-enabled model.
11. Best charcoal smoker: Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker
This Best charcoal smoker design vertically that naturally raises the heat to increase cooking efficiency. Being Charcoal operated, a removable steel ash pan facilitates the user. Likewise this best competition pellet smoker is designed in such a way to handle large amounts of ash for hours, ensuring free cooking.
The built-in stainless steel thermometer indicates the ideal temperature for infusing smoke flavour to the food. However, the cooking grates of different heights allow the user to accommodate different sizes of food.
- Six adjustable cooking grates heights
- Easy assembly and convenient use
- Increases the burn efficiency
- Made up of rust-free steel
- Can fit different sizes of food
- Sometimes the parts are missing
- Hardware packet not present in the box sometimes
Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker is nicely designed and designated as the best charcoal smoker. However, this smoker, being made of stainless steel, offers durability and reliability.
12. Best for outdoor cooking: Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller
This best competition pellet smoker delivers smokehouse flavour and comes with a blue LED for easy viewing in the sunlight. The chrome cooking racks have a cooking space of 700 square inches. However, a new drip deflector and front access drip pan are the notable features of this Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller.
The radio frequency remote allows the user to adjust the internal temperature easily. The built-in meat probe allows you to check the internal temperature while cooking.
Portability: This best competition pellet smoker does not require any expertise to operate it and is best for outdoor cooking. Its usage is highly convenient and simple. Likewise, just plug in the switch and use the smoker. Being electrically operated, it limited the use of wood or any petroleum gas, etc.
- Wood chip tray allows you for easy ash removal
- Built-in meat probe for temperature checking while cooking
- Remote controlled for convenient cooking
- Effortless cleaning and handling
- Air dampers for smoke control
- The warranty period is not long
- Accessory parts needed to buy separately
The Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller is best for outdoor cooking and is very easy to operate and remotely controlled. However, this smoker construction is such a way that it does not require any time for closing after usage. It is highly recommended if you are looking for a compact and portable smoker.
Buyers Guide – What you need to know about the best competition pellet smoker before buying?
The best competition pellet smokers provide ease to the user while cooking the food. However, they are perfectly designed by keeping in mind the needs for BBQ parties in the backyard or to cook outdoors while hunting or at different festivals.
Buying a perfect competition pellet smoker model is not easy in this busy routine while considering various models. There is no need to worry about it. Here are some of the things that a person must know before buying the best competition pellet smoker.
Construction material: Before buying, one should know about the construction of the competition pellet smoker. Usually, the smoker is made up of stainless steel that is resistant to rusting. Be sure that the inside also finishes with powder-coated steel. Certain grates of the grill are iron made that retains the heat well,
Power source: The competition pellet smokers can be electrical or Charcoal driven. However, WiFi operated smokers are also available. You only need to connect your WiFi with the device and control the temperature of the grill. This WiFi ability provides ease and convenience to users.
Meat probes: Certain companies offer the meat probe and the cooker to know the temperature of your meat or other food while cooking. The user can see even the temperature in darkness due to an LED system’s presence in the probe.
Size of the hopper: Hopper is the place of the smoker which carries the pellet to keep them towards the fire-spot. The larger the size of the hopper, the more will be the cooking time and vice versa. So, before buying, keep in mind what type of cooking you want.
Ease of cleaning: It is very important to clean the gadget after usage. The stainless steel allows you the quick cleaning. The dimensions of ashtray highly matter. However, the larger the ashtray’s size, the more ash it will collect, thus ensuring continuous cooking.
Portability: Portability is one of the most important features of the competition pellet smokers. WiFi-enabled competition pellet smokers are usually considered more portable than Charcoal driven. However, the wheels on the front of the smoker make it user friendly and easy to carry from one place to another.
Best competition pellet smokers pros & cons
Different people took different competition pellet smokers depending on their need and budget. They also see their convenience as well as versatility in the competition pellet smokers. However, all the above meet the demands well. Here are some of the pros and cons of the best competition pellet smokers.
- Easy assembly and convenient usage
- Provides a blend of various flavours at a time
- WiFi-enabled pellet smokers are convenient to operate
- The temperature monitoring probe allows the user to now cooking temperature
- No need to cook the whole time
- Warranty of smokers allows the user to replace faulty pieces
- Meat probes tell the temperature of the cooking food well
- Availability of air dampers for smoke control
- Adjustable cooking heights for different sizes of food
- Remote-controlled smoker provides more ease
- Dual fan convection system evenly distributes the smoke
- Working of electric smokers at standard electric power
- Double or triple walled construction retains heat very well
- Electrical parts are fragile
- Heavyweight competition pellet smokers are not easy to carry anywhere
- WiFi operated smokers collapse sometimes
- Electrical parts are fragile
- More smoky flavour can destroy the actual taste
- Charcoal and wood-based smokers are messy
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about best competition pellet smoker
Here are some of the questions that frequently ask about the best competition pellet smokers. We are glad to answer these questions and hope that this would be very fruitful for you.
Final Verdict For Best Competition Pellet Smoker
To put it into a nutshell, there is no doubt that the pellet makers have valued the dining table by providing healthy food to the fork. However, different pellet smokers review in detail. We hope that this reviewed best competition pellet smokers will be highly beneficial for you. However, they all design nicely to meet your cooking demands. Some of the smokers are very portable and convenient to use. Tell us in the comment section which pellet smoker you opted for delicious food. Enjoy your delicious food!